Data Protection Declaration
1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. On the following pages, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge of data processing on this website, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is NIPPON Genetics EUROPE GmbH, Mariaweilerstrasse 28-30, 52349 Düren, Deutschland, Tel.: +49 2421 55 496 0, Fax: +49 2421 55 496 11, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
– Our visited website
– Date and time at the moment of access
– Amount of data sent in bytes
– Source/reference from which you came to the page
– Browser used
– Operating system used
– IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
3) Hosting & Content Delivery Network
– Cloudflare: On our website we use a content delivery network (“CDN”) of the technology service provider Cloudflare Inc., 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Cloudflare”). A Content Delivery Network is an online service used to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the internet. The use of Cloudflare’s content delivery network helps us to optimise the loading speeds of our website. The processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
To make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can check the duration of the respective cookie storage in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
– Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
– Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
– Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
– Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
5) Contacting Us
5.1 – own live chat system (without service provider)
On this website, for the purpose of operating a live chat system, which serves to answer live enquiries, your communicated chat name and your communicated chat contents are collected as data and stored for the course of the chat. The chat and your provided chat name are stored exclusively in the so-called RAM (random access memory) and deleted immediately as soon as we or you have ended the chat conversation, but no later than 2 hours after the last message in the chat history. Cookies are used to operate the chat function. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the site visitor’s Internet browser. The cookies enable the recognition of the site visitor’s internet browser to ensure that the individual users of the chat function of our website can be distinguished.
Insofar as the information collected in this way has a personal reference, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in effective customer service and the statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization purposes.
If you want to avoid the storage of cookies, you can set your internet browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer in the future or to delete cookies that have already been stored. However, switching off all cookies may mean that the chat function on our website can no longer be carried out.
5.2 Evaluation Reminder by Trusted Shops
If you have given us your express consent during or after your order in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, we will send your e-mail address to the evaluation platform “Trusted Shops GmbH” , Subbelrather Str. 15c, 50823 Köln (www.trustedshops.it), so that it can send you an evaluation reminder by e-mail. You can revoke your consent at any time by sending a message to the controller responsible for data processing or to the evaluation platform.
5.3 When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
6) Data Processing When Opening a Customer Account and for Contract Processing
Pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, personal data will continue to be collected and processed to the extent required in each case if you provide us with this data when opening a customer account. The data required for opening an account can be found in the input mask of the corresponding form on our website. Deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and can be done by sending a message to the above address of the person responsible. After deletion of your customer account, your data will be deleted, provided that all contracts concluded via it have been fully processed, no legal retention periods are opposed and no legitimate interest on our part in the continued storage exists.
7) Commentary Function
Within the scope of the commentary function on this website, in addition to your comment, information on the time of writing the comment and the name of the commentator you have chosen is stored and published on the website. Furthermore, your IP address is logged and stored. This IP address is stored for security reasons, in case the person concerned violates the rights of third parties or posts illegal content by submitting a comment. We need your e-mail address to contact you if a third party should object to your published content as unlawful. The legal basis for the storage of your data is Art. 6 (1) point b and f GDPR. We reserve the right to delete comments if they are objected to as unlawful by third parties.
8) Use of Client Data for Direct Advertising
8.1 Sending the newsletter to existing customers
If you have provided us with your e-mail address when purchasing products, we reserve the right to regularly send you offers for products similar to those already purchased by e-mail. Pursuant to Section 7 (3) German law against unfair competition, we do not need to obtain separate consent from you. In this respect, data processing is carried out solely on the basis of our legitimate interest in personalized direct advertising pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If you have initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose, we will not send you an e-mail. You are entitled to object to the future use of your e-mail address for the aforementioned advertising purpose at any time by notifying the controller named at the beginning of this document. In this regard, you only have to pay the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. Upon receipt of your objection, the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes will cease immediately.
8.2 – Newsletter via SendGrid
Our e-mail newsletters are sent via the technical service provider SendGrid Inc., 1801 California St #500, Denver, CO 80202, USA, to whom we pass on the data you provide when you register for the newsletter. This forwarding is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR and serves our legitimate interest in using an effective, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. The data you enter to subscribe to the newsletter (e.g. e-mail address) is stored on SendGrid’s servers in the USA. SendGrid uses this information for the dispatch and statistical evaluation of the newsletter on our behalf.
8.3 – Advertising by post
Based on our legitimate interest in personalized direct mail, we reserve the right to store your first and last name, your postal address and – if we have received this additional information from you within the framework of the contractual relationship – your title, academic degree, year of birth and your professional, industry or business name in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR and to use this data for sending interesting offers and information on our products by letter post.
You can object to the storage and use of your data for this purpose at any time by sending an appropriate message to the controller.
9) Processing of Data for the Purpose of Order Handling
9.1 Insofar as necessary for the processing of the contract for delivery and payment purposes, the personal data collected by us will be passed on to the commissioned transport company and the commissioned credit institution in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
If we owe you updates for goods with digital elements or for digital products on the basis of a corresponding contract, we will process the contact data (name, address, e-mail address) provided by you when placing the order in order to inform you personally by suitable means of communication (e.g. by post or e-mail) about upcoming updates within the legally stipulated period of time within the framework of our statutory duty to inform pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR. Your contact details will be used strictly for the purpose of informing you about updates owed by us and will only be processed by us for this purpose to the extent necessary for the respective information.
In order to process your order, we also work together with the following service provider(s), who support us in whole or in part in the execution of concluded contracts. Certain personal data is transmitted to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
9.2 Passing on Personal Data to Shipping Service Providers
– DHL: If delivery of goods takes place by the transport service provider DHL (Deutsche Post AG, Charles-de-Gaulle-Straße 20, 53113 Bonn), we will pass on your e-mail address to DHL in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, prior to delivery of the goods, for the purpose of coordinating a date of delivery or of a notice about the shipment status, only if you have given your express consent during the ordering process. Otherwise, only the name of the recipient and the delivery address will be passed on to DHL for the purpose of delivery in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. The data will only be passed on if this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. In this case, prior agreement on the delivery date with DHL or transmission of status information for shipment delivery is not possible.
The consent can be revoked for future deliveries at any time, either with the controller or with the transport service provider DHL.
– UPS: If delivery of goods takes place by the transport service UPS (United Parcel Service Deutschland Inc. & Co. OHG, Görlitzer Straße 1, 41460 Neuss), we will pass on your e-mail address to UPS in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, prior to delivery of the goods, for the purpose of coordinating a date of delivery or of a notice about the shipment status, if you have given your express consent during the ordering process. Otherwise, only the name of the recipient and the delivery address will be passed on to UPS for the purpose of delivery in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. The data will only be passed on if this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. In this case, prior agreement on the delivery date with UPS or transmission of status information for shipment delivery is not possible. The consent can be revoked for future deliveries at any time, either with the controller or with the transport service provider UPS.
10) Online Marketing
– Hubspot: This website uses the services provided by Hubspot, a software-based marketing service of HubSpot Ireland Ltd., 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland (“Hubspot”).
With the help of Hubspot, various customer service and customer management services can be digitally synchronized and processed via a central user interface. HubSpot enables the generation of leads, centralized e-mail, and newsletter marketing, contact management through the classification of user groups with the help of CRM, and the administration of contact forms.
All processing described above, in particular the reading of information on the end device used, is only carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GPDR. Without this consent, sales tracking will not be used during your visit to the website.
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, please deactivate this service in the “Cookie Consent Tool” provided on the website.
Other legal provisions for data processing that apply in the context of specific HubSpot services (such as the need for express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a DSGVO when sending newsletters) remain unaffected.
We have concluded an order processing contract with HubSpot, which obliges HubSpot to protect the data of our customers and not to disclose them to third parties.
– Google Ads Conversion Tracking: This website uses the online advertising program “Google Ads” and the conversion tracking within the framework of Google Ads, operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 ESW5, Ireland (“Google”). We use the program of Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine, in relation to the advertising campaigns data, how successful the individual advertising measures are. We are interested in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you. We want to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
The conversion tracking cookie is set on a user’s browser, if he clicks on an ad delivered by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits a certain page of this website and if the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we will be able to recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Each Google Ads customer gets a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be traced via the website of Google Ads customers. The information collected by the conversion cookies is used to provide aggregate conversion statistics to Google Ads customers who have opted-in for conversion tracking. Customers are informed about the total number of users who clicked on the ad and were forwarded to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not get any information enabling them to identify users personally. The use of Google Ads may also result in the transmission of personal data to the servers of Google LLC. located in the USA.
Details on the processing operations initiated and on Google’s handling of data collected from websites can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
All processing described above, in particular the reading of information on the end device used, is only carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GPDR. Without this consent, Google Ads Conversion Tracking will not be used during your visit to the site.
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, please deactivate this service in the “Cookie Consent Tool” provided on the website.
– LinkedIn Marketing Solutions: We use “LinkedIn Marketing Solutions” on our website, a service provided by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter “LinkedIn”). This service enables visitors to our website to be directed to other content of their own that is likely to be of interest to them, based on their usage patterns on the LinkedIn social network. The display of this content is based on a cookie-based analysis of previous usage behavior, but no personal data is stored. For this interest-based content determination, cookies, i.e., small text files, are stored on your computer or mobile device to collect pseudonymized data about your surfing behavior and thus to adapt the content individually to the stored information.
The information can be assigned to the user’s person with the help of further information that LinkedIn has stored about the user, e.g., due to the ownership of an account on the social network “LinkedIn”. LinkedIn uses an algorithm to analyze the surfing behavior and can then display targeted product recommendations as personalized advertising banners on the user’s LinkedIn account. LinkedIn may also combine the information collected via the cookies with other information LinkedIn has collected via other websites and/or in connection with the use of the “LinkedIn” social network, thus creating pseudonymous user profiles. Under no circumstances, however, can the information collected be used to personally identify visitors to this website.
All processing described above, in particular the reading of information on the end device used, is only carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GPDR. Without this consent, LinkedIn Marketing Solution will not be used during your visit to the site. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, please deactivate this service in the “Cookie Consent Tool” provided on the website.
Further information on LinkedIn’s data protection provisions can be found on the following website: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
11) Web Analysis Services
11.1 Google (Universal) Analytics
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”). Google (Universal) Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including the abbreviated IP address) is usually transferred to a Google server and stored there and may also be transferred to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA.
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which ensures anonymization of the IP address by shortening it and excludes the possibility of direct personal reference. Through the extension, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a server of Google LLC. in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide us with further services related to the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google (Universal) Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
Via a special function called “Demographics”, Google Analytics also enables the compilation of statistics with statements about the age, gender and interests of site visitors based on an evaluation of interest-related advertising and with the use of third-party information. This allows the definition and differentiation of user groups of the website for the purpose of target-group-optimized marketing measures. However, data sets collected via “Demographics” cannot be assigned to a specific person.
Details on the processing operations initiated and on Google’s handling of data collected from websites can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
All the processing described above, in particular the setting of Google Analytics cookies for reading information on the terminal device used, is only carried out if you have given us your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter a GDPR. Without this consent, the use of Google Analytics during your visit to our website will not take place.
You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your right of withdrawal of consent, please deactivate this service in the “Cookie-Consent-Tool” provided on the website. We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics, which obliges Google to protect the data of our site visitors and not to pass it on to third parties. For the transmission of data from the EU to the USA, Google relies on so-called standard data protection clauses of the European Commission, which are intended to ensure compliance with the European data protection level in the USA.
Further information about Google (Universal) Analytics can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en
11.2 Google Analytics 4
This website uses Google Analytics 4, a service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”), which can be used to analyze the use of websites.
When using Google Analytics 4, so-called “cookies” are used as standard. Cookies are text files that are stored on your terminal device and enable an analysis of your use of a website. The information collected by cookies about your use of the website (including the IP address transmitted by your terminal device, shortened by the last digits, see below) is usually transmitted to a Google server and stored and processed there. This may also result in the transmission of information to the servers of Google LLC, a company based in the USA, where the information is further processed.
When using Google Analytics 4, the IP address transmitted by your terminal device when you use the website is always collected and processed by default and automatically only in an anonymized manner, so that a direct personal reference of the collected information is excluded. This automatic anonymization is carried out by shortening the IP address transmitted by your terminal device by Google within member states of the European Union (EU) or other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) by the last digits.
On our behalf, Google uses this and other information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports (reports) on your website activities or your usage behavior and to provide us with other services related to your website usage and internet usage. In this context, the IP address transmitted and shortened by your terminal device within the scope of Google Analytics 4 will not be merged with other data from Google. The data collected in the context of the use of Google Analytics 4 will be retained for 2 months and then deleted.
Google Analytics 4 also enables the creation of statistics with statements about age, gender and interests of website users on the basis of an evaluation of interest-based advertising and with the involvement of third-party information via a special function, the so-called “demographic characteristics”. This makes it possible to determine and distinguish user groups of the website for the purpose of targeting marketing measures. However, data collected via the “demographic characteristics” cannot be assigned to a specific person and thus not to you personally. This data collected via the “demographic characteristics” function is retained for two months and then deleted.
All processing described above, in particular the setting of Google Analytics cookies for the storage and reading of information on the terminal device used by you for the use of the website, will only take place if you have given us your express consent for this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR. Without your consent, Google Analytics 4 will not be used during your use of the website. You can revoke your consent once given at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, please deactivate this service via the “Cookie Consent Tool” provided on the website.
In connection with this website, the “UserIDs” function is also used as an extension of Google Analytics 4. By assigning individual UserIDs, we can have Google create cross-device reports (so-called “cross-device tracking”). This means that your usage behavior can also be analyzed across devices if you have given your corresponding consent to the use of Google Analytics 4 in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, if you have set up a personal account by registering on this website and are logged into your personal account on different end devices with your relevant login data. The data collected in this way shows, among other things, on which end device you clicked on an ad for the first time and on which end device the relevant conversion took place.
In connection with this website, the Google Signals service is also used as an extension of Google Analytics 4. With Google Signals, we can have Google create cross-device reports (so-called “cross-device tracking”). If you have activated “personalized ads” in your Google account settings and linked your Internet-enabled end devices to your Google account, Google can analyze usage behavior across devices and create database models based on this if you have given your consent to the use of Google Analytics 4 in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a GDPR. The logins and device types of all website users who were logged into a Google account and executed a conversion are taken into account. The data shows, among other things, on which device you clicked on an ad for the first time and on which device the relevant conversion took place. We do not receive any personal data from Google in this regard, but only statistics compiled on the basis of Google Signals. You have the option of deactivating the “personalized ads” function in the settings of your Google account and thus turning off the cross-device analysis in connection with Google Signals. To do this, follow the instructions on this page: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
You can find more information about Google Signals at the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7532985?hl=en
We have concluded a so-called data processing agreement with Google for our use of Google Analytics 4, by which Google is obliged to protect the data of our website users and not to pass it on to third parties.
To ensure compliance with the European level of data protection, even in the event of any transfer of data from the EU or EEA to the USA and possible further processing there, Google refers to the so-called standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, which we have contractually agreed with Google.
Further legal information on Google Analytics 4, including a copy of the aforementioned standard contractual clauses, can be found at the following link: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Details on the processing triggered by Google Analytics 4 and Google’s handling of data from websites can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
12) Site Functionalities
12.1 Trusted Shops Trustbadge
The Trusted Shops Trustbadge is included on this website to display our Trusted Shops seal of approval and to offer Trusted Shops membership to buyers after placing an order.
In this way, our legitimate interests in an optimal marketing of our offer are protected, within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. The Trustbadge and the services advertised with it are a service of Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Cologne.
When the trust badge is called up, the web server automatically stores a so-called server log file, which contains e.g. your IP address, date and time of the call, transferred data volume, the requesting provider (access data), and it documents the call. This access data is not evaluated and is automatically overwritten at the latest seven days after the end of your page visit. Further personal data will only be transferred to Trusted Shops if you decide to use Trusted Shops products after completing an order or if you have already registered for use. In this case, the contractual agreement between you and Trusted Shops applies.
12.2 Use of YouTube Videos
This website uses the YouTube embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider YouTube, which belongs to Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 ESW5, Ireland (“Google”).
To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback function of the video is started. When the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider sets “YouTube” cookies to collect information about user behavior. According to indications from YouTube, the use of those cookies is intended, among other things, to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right. When using YouTube, personal data may also be transmitted to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA.
Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network “double click” is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyond our control.
12.3 Applications for job advertisements
On our website, we advertise current vacancies in a separate section, for which interested parties can apply by e-mail using the contact address provided.
If applicants want to be included in the application process, they must provide us with all personal details required for a well-founded and informed assessment and selection in conjunction with their application by e-mail.
The required data should include general personal information (name, address, telephone or electronic contact) as well as performance-specific evidence showing the qualifications required for the advertised position. In addition, health-related information may be required, which in the interest of social protection must be given special attention to regarding the applicant’s person according to labor and social law.
The components an application must contain to be considered and the form in which these components must be sent by e-mail can be found in the respective job advertisement.
After receipt of the application sent using the e-mail contact address supplied, the applicant data will be stored by us and evaluated exclusively for the purpose of processing the application. In the event of queries arising in the course of processing the application, we will use either the e-mail address supplied by the applicant with his application or a telephone number supplied, at our discretion.
The legal basis for such processing, including the contacting of applicants for queries, is basically Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 (1) Federal Data Protection Act. According to these provisions, the completion of the application procedure is deemed to be the initiation of an employment contract.
If special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) GDPR (e.g. health data such as information on severely disabled status) are requested from applicants as part of the application procedure, processing will take place in accordance with Art. 9 (2) point b GDPR, so as to enable us to exercise the rights arising from labor law, social security and social protection law and to fulfil our obligations in this regard.
The processing of special categories of data may also be based cumulatively or alternatively on Art. 9 (1) point h GDPR if it is used for the purposes of health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the applicant’s ability to work, for medical diagnostics, health or social care or for the management of systems and services in the health or social sector.
If, in the course of the evaluation described above, the applicant is not selected or if an applicant withdraws his application prematurely, his data transmitted by e-mail as well as all electronic correspondence including the original application e-mail will be deleted at the latest after 6 months following a corresponding notification. This period shall be determined on the basis of our legitimate interest in being able to answer any follow-up questions regarding the application and, if necessary, to comply with our obligation to provide evidence under the regulations governing the equal treatment of applicants. In the event of a successful application, the data provided will be processed on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 (2) Federal Data Protection Act for the purposes of implementing the employment relationship.
12.4 Google Web Fonts
This site uses web fonts provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”) to uniformly display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
13) Tools and Miscellaneous
This website uses a so-called “cookie consent tool” to obtain effective user consent for cookies and cookie-based applications that require consent. The “cookie consent tool” is displayed to users in the form of an interactive user interface when they access the page, on which consent for certain cookies and/or cookie-based applications can be given by ticking the appropriate box. Using the tool, all cookies/services requiring consent are only loaded if the respective user provides the corresponding consent by ticking the corresponding box. This ensures that such cookies are only set on the respective end device of the user if consent has been granted.
The tool sets technically necessary cookies to save your cookie preferences. Personal user data is generally not processed.
If, in individual cases, personal data (such as the IP address) is processed for the purpose of storing, assigning or logging cookie settings, this is done in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point GDPR based on our legitimate interest in legally compliant, user-specific and user-friendly consent management for cookies and thus in a legally compliant design of our website.
Further legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point c GDPR. As the responsible party, we are subject to the legal obligation to make the use of technically unnecessary cookies dependent on the respective user consent.
Further information on the operator and the setting options of the cookie consent tool can be found directly in the corresponding user interface on our website.
14) Rights of the Data Subject
14.1 The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
– Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
– Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
– Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
– Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
– Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
– Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
– Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
– Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
14.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
15) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and – if relevant – on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
If personal data is processed on the basis of an express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his consent.
If there are legal storage periods for data that is processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the storage periods if it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or if we no longer have a justified interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR, unless we can provide compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the information contained in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.