BlueStar PLUS Prestained Protein Marker
The BlueStar PLUS Prestained Protein Marker is a three color protein standard with 12 prestained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights from 10 – 240 kDa.
The Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximate sizing of proteins.
Approximately 0.1~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Tris-phosphate, 2 % SDS, 0,2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15 % (v/v) Glycerol).
500 µL Protein Marker sufficient for 100 mini gels or 50 large gels.
Store at -20°C for 24 months.
Stable at +4°C for 3 months.
Stable at +25°C for 2 weeks.
Recommendations for Loading
- Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
- Mix thoroughly, to ensure that the solution is homogeneous.
- Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-polyacrylamide gel:
– 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 3 μl per well for blots;
– 10 μl per well for large gels, 6 μl per well for blots
There are no reviews yet.