No more DMSO – for the most sensitive cells
DMSO is added to most freezing reagents to help avoid formation of ice crystals, which of course harm the cells. However, DMSO is cytotoxic and can reduce the survival rate of certain sensitive cell lines. Bambanker DMSO Free is made without DMSO. Instead, it uses a unique formulation to avoid the formation of ice crystals. This makes Bambanker DMSO Free especially suitable for cell lines that proved to be sensitive to DMSO under long-term storage conditions.
There a four different version of BambankerTM:
- BambankerTM (standard for all cell lines, package units: 20 mL, 5 x 20 mL, 120 mL)
All products of the Bambanker series are manufactured in facilities compliant with current good manufacturing practices (GMP).
The products are subject to a solid quality management system that ensures the consistency, reliability and high quality you can rely on.
Manufacturer’s notification for Bambanker as GMP-manufactured product (pdf file)
Cell lines & References
The following cell lines have successfully been frozen with Bambanker DMSO-free:
- Jurkat (Floating cells）
- PC12 (Adrenal Pheochromocytoma, Rat) (Adhesive cells)
- HepG2 (Adhesive cells)
- Hela S3 （Epithelioid Carcinoma, Cervix, Human）(Adhesive cells)
- HEK293T （Transformed Primary Embryonal Kidney, Human）(Adhesive cells)
- OKT4 (Floating cells）
- Vero P4 （Kidney, African Green Monkey(Adhesive cells)
- MDCK (Kidney, Canine）(Adhesive cells)
- NIH3T3 （Embryonic Fibroblast, Mouse）(Adhesive cells)
I consider Bambanker a very useful worktool for the following reasons:
1) replacement of a toxic substance (DMSO)
2) saving of 4 hours of time required for freezing in nitrogen / -80° C foreseen with the use of DMSO
3) cellular vitality guaranteed after the defrosting of all the linesthat I manage
Dott.ssa Allessandra Leone, Department of Virology and Cell Culture, IZSAM “G.Caporale” Teramo
Effect of DMSO on cell differentitation:
Jiang, C. et al. Down-regulation of TRRAP-dependent hTERT and TRRAP-independent CAD activation by Myc/Max contributes to the differentiation of HL60 cells after exposure to DMSO International Immunopharmacology, 6 (7), 1204-1213 (2006)
Only logged in customers may leave a review.